Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ode to Pumpkin Pie (and Pampered Chef)

Sunday Angie and I went to a Pampered Chef party at her friend Jill's house. I love, love, love Pampered Chef, although I was starting to feel like there was nothing else I could buy because I have so much of it. At the party, though, my love was renewed, I realized how many products I really NEED, so come November 19th if you're in town, stop on by for a Pampered Chef party at my house!

Anyway, Angie's mom was the pampered chef lady at this party and she made these really yummy calzones. Angie and I both thought they were awesome, so we stopped by the grocery store after the party to pick up stuff to make them for our boys for dinner Sunday night. Last night I was still in the "PC groove", so I made this lemon chicken puff thing-y. Very good, yet didn't taste much like lemon. I told Adam that I was going to make a PC recipe every day until my party so that he could see how much I really do NEED all these gadgets. Since we have leftovers from Sunday and Monday night I told him that I was going to make a dessert today. Good for the diet, right? :)

So just out of curiosity I was flipping through the dessert sections of my PC cookbooks and started drooling over all these recipes with pumpkin in them. I wanted pumpkin pie soooo bad, I was considering packing Alyssa up in the car to drive to Village Inn just to get a piece of pie. But then I realized that my mother, Saint Sandy, had given me pie last week after she had company and I had forgotten about it. There in my fridge, surrounded by a heavenly glow was one, delicious, wonderful, orgasmic piece of pumpkin pie. I topped it about 2 cups of fat free cool whip (I'm on diet you know) and savored each bite.

*insert cigarette here ~ it was THAT good*

1 comment:

Adam said...

Ya know, I saw that piece of pie the other day and thought about eating it. I'm glad I didn't! If I can't satisfy you that way, then leaving you pie makes up for it. ;)

BTW, I still have to make my banana pudding and Nilla (sp?) dessert. But I probably will have to wait until some day I can make it in the morning, let it set during the day and eat at night.

I think I'm giving way to much information on this comment.