Thursday, October 27, 2005

Job perk?

A long time ago I happened to be looking out the window when Scott from next door's trash was being picked up. He has a different company than we do, so its picked up on a different day. I was shocked to see the "dump the trash" guy that rides on the back go through a box that they had sitting next to their trash can, pull out some framed pictures, and stick them in the front of the truck. Today I was distracting Alyssa from dumping all of my pens all over the desk by saying "look, there's the garbage men" when I noticed ANOTHER "dump the trash" guy going through Scotts trash. He pulled out a leather-looking bag/briefcase thing and carried it up to the front of the truck. The driver examined it carefully and then gave a "sure I'll take it" nod and placed it on the seat next to him. "Dump the trash" guy went back to finish dumping the trash and mounted the back of the truck again and off they rode into the sunset with their new bag.

Am I the only one that finds this really weird and kind of creepy?!

3 comments:

Adam said...

The picture frames bother me if there were pictures in it...

Highlandgal said...

No, I think you were right the first time, it's a job perk. The pictures in the frames are headed to the trash if not there already. Lots of decent stuff is discarded everyday. These guys are just recycling.

But now you've been warned...don't assume the stuff you dump in the trash won't be handled again.

Kara said...

weird, but yea..recycling none the less!!!