Monday, April 23, 2007

Home is where the heart is

We're approaching the one year anniversary of living in our "new" house and I'm kind of surprised that it still doesn't feel like home. I drove past our old house after church Saturday night and as soon as I turned the corner and saw the crab apple tree in the front yard and the green house that Adam and I painted ourselves (okay, I was 7 months pregnant, so I didn't paint, but I did have a say in the color!), my heart started bubbling with wonderful memories and love. I'm sure I'll feel that way about this house someday, but it reminded me again how much I miss our "home". In a way I still feel like I'm playing house or on a vacation; like this house is too big and grown up for me to own and at times I long for the small, coziness of the house on Bauman Ave. But, then I see things like this


the tulips that Adam and I planted together last fall and this place seems a little more like home.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Boy, I really need to buy some mulch!

Nice memory of us planting the bulbs last year. Thanks! Mmmmwha!