Friday, April 13, 2007

April ~ The month of fantastic Fridays!

Last Friday Adam had the day off for Good Friday. I always love having him around ~ not just because of the extra set of hands around the house, but because I actually like the guy, too. ;) I took Joel to his 2 month appointment and overall it went really well (minus the fact that we were there for an hour and a half).

Today my parents had Alyssa all day. My mom actually took her home with her yesterday and then I picked her up tonight. It was so blissful getting to sleep in until 8ish with Joel, then I spent most of the day cleaning. I had forgotten how wonderful it was to clean/pick up a room and then walk into it 15 minutes later and find that it was STILL clean and not completely destroyed. And its a lot less stressful to clean if you're not thinking "what was that crash?! Is that the sound of a chair being pushed across the kitchen floor? Its awfully quiet in Alyssa's room . . . ", etc.

Next Friday night I get to go to a scrapbooking crop with at least one of my closest friends. I haven't been to a crop in at least a year and a half, so I'm really looking forward to it. Should be a good time to catch up on gossip with Julia and hopefully catch up on Alyssa's book and start Joel's book.

The following Friday my handsome hubby turns the big 3-0! My mom is coming to spend the night and babysit the kids so that we can go out with friends to the comedy club and then out for drinks at a martini bar. I'm not sure which I'm looking forward to more. ;) It'll be Adam and my first big night out in a REALLY long time. Probably since November when we went to the BNL concert.

1 comment:

Geekette said...

I love nights when Maygan goes to grandmas!! Its so nice to know that when I come out of the bathroom the toys that I put away will still be in their place, along with all the books. ahhh Glad you got a bit of a break. Sounds like a couple wonderful fridays :)