Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just a country girl at heart!

Yesterday morning Alyssa and I were on our way to jazzercise and just as we turned onto the street that runs by the park that's about a block and a half from our house I noticed about 1/2 dozen *Canadian Geese wandering the street. I was soooooooo excited. I stopped the car and I was bouncing around in the drivers seat saying, "Look Alyssa! Look at the geese! Say 'Hi Geese'! Aren't they pretty?!". And Alyssa is sitting calmly in her carseat giving me the "yeah, whatever Mom" look. I wish I had my camera because they were seriously about 2 feet away from us and I think they are just beautiful.

I get so excited when I see "wildlife" nowadays. I get excited at seeing squirrels for crying out loud. Its sad that the most exciting thing we see in our yard is a rabbit ~ or maybe if we're lucky a bird!!! I want more animals. The kind that come and go as they please, not the kind that live in our house and EAT OUR BAGS OF DORITOS like SOME animals I know. Damn you, Lexi.

** Disclaimer**I was telling this story to Angie yesterday and she wanted to know how I knew that the geese were from Canada. I should have asked them to make sure I was getting all my story facts right, but they LOOKed like Canadian Geese. They may have been immigrants, though.

5 comments:

Mom23Boys said...

I have to say that was my first thought too! I thought, no wonder she wants to see more wildlife! She is an expert! I never would have know they were from Canada! You are a smart cookie Christie!

Mom23Boys said...

YIKES! I just SPELLED YOUR NAME WRONG! I can't believe I did that. I know that is a peeve of peoople named Christi/y/ie everywhere, so please forgive me!!!

Christi said...

I forgive you Christee. ;) Its hard when you're a "y" and I'm an "i". Too bad you don't spell your name the right way . . .

Jeff, I don't care for "canada geese" at all. I'll keep my Canadian, thank you very much. Canada geese sounds like a hockey team or something "please welcome the canada geese!!!!"

Angela Dwight said...

I'm glad you put a disclaimer on there. :)

Adam said...

Along the same lines, I used to think the drink was "Canadian Dry", but it's actually "Canada Dry".