Monday, September 04, 2006

Emotional stuff!

This mommy stuff is emotional stuff! (I'm sure the pregnant hormones don't help any)

This afternoon I put Alyssa down for a nap, per usual, and then settled down in the bedroom with my lunch and my Adam to watch some TiVo. After about 30 minutes we got up so that Adam could let Lexi out and I could go get some more water, but when I opened the door, I heard some whining/crying from Alyssa's room. I immediately looked towards the damn baby monitor sure that it went stupid again and wasn't picking up her cries, but it wasn't on. Whoops! So, I went in expecting to do a little rocking chair session with her until she settled down. As soon as I opened the door I smelled POOP, so I thought maybe she just needed a diaper change and she would be fine. Evidently I wasn't quick enough because as I walked in the room, I saw her pants hanging over the side of the crib and a diaper (indeed poopy) on the floor.
I got her cleaned up and luckily there was no poop to be found in/on the crib or its inhabitants, but now I'm feeling all guilty because she was crying that she needed her diaper changed and I didn't come and didn't come and so she had to suck it up and take matters into her own hands. I know I'm being waaaay too sensitive about this . . . chances are she probably enjoyed the fact that she could pull down her own pants and take off her diaper (Happy Labor Day, Alyssa!), but I still feel like I should be fired now. Or at least written up. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way! Don't you feel guilty about that. At least you didn't have to clean up poop everywhere. :)

4x4paws said...

Don't beat yourself up about this! And be thankful she didn't fingerpaint with it. Eeewwww!

PSUMommy said...

Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know you were pregnant...when you posted a while ago about being good with 2, I thought it was hypothetical...can I blame that one on Mommy Brain? A very late congratulations!

And don't worry about not hearing her cry/not having the baby monitor on. It happens. You must have caught her just in time! And yeah, she probably had a blast taking that diaper off. Soon you're going to have to duct tape her diapers on. Seriously. I had to do that...backwards and duct tape. Otherwise there was a huge, HUGE mess in the crib...blech...

Christi said...

I am VERY thankful that all the poop stayed where it should!

Thanks for the belated pregnancy congrats ~ definitely blame it on mommy brain. :)