Friday, September 29, 2006

Hired Help

I used to think that if I could hire one person to help out in one aspect of my life it would be a housekeeper. Then I realized how much I really hate planning meals. I love to cook, but I just hate the whole "what should we have" conversation that I have with the voices in my head. So I decided that the perfect "hired hand" for me would be a chef. One that would let me cook occasionally and would make super yummy fancy food that was actually quite weight watchers friendly so that I would lose weight in the process. Not too much to ask, right?

Today I have changed my mind again. I want someone who can pretend to be me and deal with the mind-numbing crap that is insurance companies. I swear that our healthy insurance people have 1 person working that can answer calls. They make you jump through so many automated selections when you call in that you either a) get your question answered by a generic number or b) kill yourself because its just a heck of a lot easier than trying to figure out where you're going and what you need to do c) happen to slip through the cracks and stumble upon the one person who works there who's name is "Jermone" and does NOT sound like he wants to be talking about vaginal deliveries. And then there's the geniuses that work at the home insurance company, but I'm not even going to go there. Jeff ~ I miss you!!! Couldn't you just do insurance on the side? Please? I'll let you claim to live with us so that you don't actually have to take up residency here . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sucks when you don't have a relationship with your insurance agent. I know. Sorry!

4x4paws said...

LOL! Jermone! He works for my insurance company, too!