Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

Okay, its not on fire, its being replaced, but man, does this process stink royally.

It makes me uneasy because there are a dozen guys looking in my windows that don't speak English (or at least don't speak very well).

Its loud.

I had this big, beautiful mum bush pop up out of no where this year. It was big and full and had tons of little buds on it and I was anxiously awaiting flowers to blossom to see what color it would be and add some life to the dead area that is our front flower bed. Its now about 70% flattened from shingles being tossed onto it. I realize that they probably have better things to worry about (like getting my roof put on before it starts raining), but it still makes me sad.

Its loud.

Of course Alyssa is using all the banging as an excuse to not nap. And she needs to nap today. She's getting a cold and was up early this morning and is extremely crabby. I wonder if she would let me put earmuffs on her to block the banging. I keep hoping that if I crank up her "pooh songs" loud enough and put them on repeat it'll drown out the banging.

Whoa, I think someone just fell off the roof. Probably landed on the last remaining 30% of my mums.

*disclaimer ... no one really fell off the roof; it was just really loud.

1 comment:

Angela Dwight said...

I had to laugh out loud to your comment about the person "falling" onto the remaining 30% of your mums. Glad you got your roof replaced!