Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Its tough watching them grow up

I was watching Alyssa sit naked at the kitchen table tonight while eating her fruity pebbles before bedtime and she turned around and said "I love you, Mommy". Just out of the blue. She does that a lot and I love it. This afternoon she started yelling at me from upstairs that I had to come up immediately because she HAD to tell me a secret. The secret was that she loves me. I don't think she'll mind me telling.

So tonight I walked over to her, kissed her on top of the head, and told her "Alyssa, I want you to stay my sweet girl forever, okay?". Her reply was "Okay, Mommy, I will. And Daddy's. And Joey's and Lexi's and Joel's and Sophie's". If only it were that easy.

And speaking of difficult things, I can't wrap my head around the fact that 4 1/2 days from now Adam and I are flying to San Diego. I really haven't even started thinking about packing or anything. Besides writing my mom and Mary the "Taking care of everything precious to us ... and Lexi" book.

1 comment:

Mom23Boys said...

I have been getting sadder and sadder as I watch your counter count down that I won't get to watch Joey while you guys go out of town.

Sniff. I miss that girl.