Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sick? Or just plain smart?

Thursday afternoon Alyssa started running a fever between 102 and almost 104. A motrin/tylenol combo seemed to do the trick and she was acting normal, so I didn't think much of it. Yesterday afternoon when she got up from her nap she seemed warm again, so I took her temp and it was 102.2, so back on the motrin we went. She LOVES her motrin. Especially now that she gets to drink it out of a medicine cup like a big girl. After she took it, I started asking her if her ear hurt every once in a while because I'm supremely paranoid about ear infections (even though she's only had 2 in her life). Last night before bed she got all excited because she thought she was going to get medicine. I told her I had to take her temp first to see if she needed it. Her temp was around 99.2, so I told her that she didn't need it because she wasn't sick and the little stinker started crying and saying "Ear hurt, ear hurt". I looked at Adam in disbelief and asked him if she was smart enough to figure out that I would give her medicine if her ear hurt or if he thought he ear really did hurt her. Either way, I figured better safe than sorry, so she got her beloved motrin before bed.

She's growing up waaay too fast.

1 comment:

Geekette said...

They do pick up on things really fast. If she's still runing the fever Id take her in. Im way behind in reading and she's probably much better already.