Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Her new 'do

Alyssa, Joel, and I went to visit Grandma and Grandpa N yesterday and before we left we made a trip to Ms. Sharon for Alyssa's first PROFESSIONAL haircut. Sharon used to cut my hair when I was younger, so I was really glad that she was able to do Alyssa's, too ~ I'm such a sentimental fool! And of course, I cried. I could have just sobbed watching her get her haircut, but I didn't want to worry her, so I held it together as best I could. I was sitting there looking at her with one side of her hair cut short and looking all grown up and then other side long and unruly and looking like my baby and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I kept thinking "that hair has been on her head for as long as she's been alive". Sharon gave us an adorable little soft plastic zippered bag to keep all her hair in for the baby book/scrapbook.

And now for pictures (I know there's a lot, but I took about 30, so be thankful I'm trimming it down!) . . .

Before:

Ready to roll:
First snip:
Counting her curls:

All done:
And thankfully she still has curls!

4 comments:

Angela Dwight said...

How cute!!!! She's adorable!!

Adam said...

I liked her bangs before. She looks kinda silly with them so short.

Mom23Boys said...

SHE IS SO GOSH DARN CUTE!!!

Wish I had her curls...

Christi said...

Honey, the bangs will grow back SOON.

I wish I had her curls, too ~ she'll probably be cursing them when she's older, though.