Sunday, March 19, 2006

News that made me hug my baby tighter

My mom called tonight to tell me that my aunt had flown out to Boston this morning to be with my cousin and his wife after they found out that there 4 1/2 year old very likely has leukemia. This would be a horrible blow to any parent, but my cousin Paul watched his dad (my uncle) die of cancer several years ago, so I can't even imagine what he is going through. After I got off the phone with my mom I went downstairs to give Alyssa extra kisses and hugs. As I was holding her I couldn't even big to imagine what it would be like to know that your precious perfect child had something that horrible inside. I hope Paul, Pam, Jack and Leo know how much we care about them and are thinking of them and if you have any extra prayers or good thoughts please send them their way.

No comments: