Saturday, May 28, 2005

A true Mama Musing

I wonder if I'm the only mom out there who finds the thought crossing her mind "I wonder what a sleeping pill and or alcohol would do to a 7 1/2 month old". Not that I would EVER do that, but DAMN! some nights you just feel at your wits end. I need to figure out a mantra to chant those times when I feel like I just want to bash my head against the wall because its waaay past Alyssa's bedtime and she's showing no signs whatsoever of being even the remotest bit tired. Or those times when she's up for the 7th time that night and its still only 1 AM and she's showing no sign of being tired no matter how long I rock . . . meanwhile, I'm easily dozing with all the rocking ~ what's up with that?!

Its so funny how my mind tricks me into think that maybe I did something just a little bit different tonight and that's going to put her back on her good sleeping path. I would give anything to get the 8 PM - 4/4:30 AM back again. Tonight I left her ceiling fan on . . . I'm convinced tonight that that's the key to her sleeping long stretches of time . . . the ceiling fan, that's gotta be it, right? I wonder if she'll make it until midnight without waking up . . .

*secretly hopes and prays that it really is teething that's making her such a bear at night and not just the fact that its going to take another 6 months to sleep through the night*

*wonders what the record is for the oldest infant to not sleep through the night*

No comments: