Monday, March 31, 2008

BFF

Big. Fat. Failure.

That's what the sleep fairy was last night. For a past few weeks Alyssa has been getting up at least once in the middle of the night. She doesn't seem to want or need anything, she'll just show up next to my side of bed and want me to walk her back to her room. Sometimes she'll let me tuck her in; sometimes she'll "make" me wait until she's tucked herself back in. Sometimes she'll ask for music, sometimes she'll ask for kisses, sometimes she'll asleep by the time we get back to her room.

So after a friend of mine had success with the "sleep fairy", I decided to give it a try. I bought a cute little trinket box and told Alyssa that I had run into the sleep fairy and that she knew that she hadn't been staying in her bed at night. The sleep fairy gave me a special box to give to Alyssa to put somewhere in her room and then told me to tell her that if she stayed in her bed all night long, she would leave Alyssa a special little present. I stocked up on cute little things from the dollar store and I was ready to go. I think she was up 4 times last night. *sigh* In her defense, one of the times was about 1 AM to tell me that Adam had forgotten to put a diaper on her when she went to bed and one of the times it was thundering, so I did let her crawl in bed with us.

Tonight I'm going to try putting a radio in her room and see if the "white noise" helps. Any other suggestions? Besides medication and locking her in her room?

It sucks so much that it took me a year to get Joel to sleep through the night and now he sleeps like an absolute CHAMP and his sister is a big pain in my rump!

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

Hi, sorry it's been so long since I've "been here"! I don't have any advice for keeping the kids in bed after bedtime...our daughter thought it was ok for her to keep coming out, and we ended up having to punish her when she'd do it. I think hers started because we moved, though. I hope you find an answer soon!