Wednesday, July 12, 2006

She makes my heart burn

I used to long for the days when Alyssa would be out of my stomach because I suffered really bad heart burn during pregnancy. Little did I know that she would make my heart "burn" just as bad, if not worse, when she was outside my body.

Yesterday morning I was vacuuming and I put Alyssa's rocking chair and mini easy chair up on the coffee table. My monkey, seeing a fine opportunity to prove her climbing skills, immediately made a beanline for the top of the coffee table and ultimately the top of her chair. As I turned around I saw the chair (with her in it) sliding off the coffee table. I did grab it before she fell, so she wasn't hurt at all, but it did scare the poo out of her. She cried for a good 10 minutes afterwards ~ she's such a sensitive soul.

Last night she was climbing on me then climbing on the coffee table and I kept telling her that she was going to get hurt. Then I said something along the lines of "Alyssa, do you remember this morning when you almost fell off the table and got really scared?". She gave me these big sad eyes and walked out of the room towards the front of the house. Turns out that she PUT HERSELF ON THE NAUGHTY STEP! Adam went to check on her and she was sitting on the steps looking all sad. I didn't yell at her when I reminded her that she almost got hurt, it was just a normal/reminding tone. And its not like I put her on the naughty step for almost falling off the table earlier in the day. And besides that I've only put her on the naughty step twice in the last couple months that we've been using it, TWICE, so its not like she spends a whole lot of time there. Just broke my heart that she thought I was mad at her or she had disappointed me somehow and she thought she needed to be punished.

Of course then today she threw herself off the coffee table onto me on the couch multiple times whether I was ready for her or not (thankfully her mommy is a pretty "fluffy" landing pad, so she didn't get hurt), so she must not have been too traumatized.

1 comment:

4x4paws said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww How sweet/sad.