Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I feel like such a loser!

I keep getting blown off . . . by MY MOM!

Last week all the H-town "grandmas" were coming into town for the Street of Dreams home tour. They started out their day by visiting all the grandkids and kids' houses. The day before they came my mom e-mailed me to say that they were stopping by our house first, but if I wanted to go over to Renee's house with them afterwards I was welcome. And since I hadn't seen Renee's house or met her twins, I was pretty much planning on going. But then the fateful day arrived. Renee's mom asked Alyssa if she was going to go with them to go see Stephen and Abigail, but then said "oh, maybe I shouldn't have said that, she'll want to go with us". I looked at my mom expecting her to say something along the lines of "she is going with us" or "did you decide if you wanted to go over to Renee's?", but she didn't say a thing. I tried to just let it go, but I was disappointed.

Saturday my mom and I were running some errands and she told me that she and her friend Mary were going to come into town this week and do some shopping and wanted to know what we had going on. I said we were free pretty much all week. This morning I called to find out if they had decided what day there were coming so that I could have Adam leave the carseat here. (He's car is broken, so he has to take Gwen to work). My mom said "Oh, we're coming in this morning after my meeting" as if she was surprised that I had asked. Great. I guess its probably selfish of me to expect that every time she comes to town she'll want to see us/hang out with us, but when she specifically asked what my schedule was, it seems like kind of a blow off.

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

My parents come to my town fairly often to shop, and I always feel a bit put-off by it when I find out later. Especially because if I went to their town, I'd be guilted about it for the rest of my life!

Of course, I don't know how often I really want to see my parents...lol!