Thursday, March 26, 2009

New school

Since we moved into our "new" house almost 3 years ago I've been very excited about the fact that they are building a brand new elementary school just a couple blocks away. We've had fun watching the buildings being built (its going to be an entire "campus" with a public library and community center along with the school) and watching all the progress. Almost every time we drive past Alyssa points out her "pink school". (The insulation they used was pink, so before they put up the outside walls, it looked like it was going to be a pink school ... I think she may be disappointed when she realizes that its going to be brick) This morning I was reading a thread on my October mom's board where one of the moms commented that it was much hard than expected when they took their oldest to school. To the school where they had walked by hundreds of times and she had told her son that that was where he was going to go to school someday. And then suddenly someday was there and off he went.

That got me to thinking about being at our house without Alyssa (or heaven-forbid without Joel ... I got through the first day of preschool because I still had Joel to clutch on to, I don't even want to *think* about leaving him at school) and being able to look out the windows and see the big-bad-monster school that has snatched my babies away from me. I wonder how difficult it would be to transfer them somewhere else ...

Must not think of this ... still a year and a half away ...

No comments: