Thursday, February 05, 2009

Realization

I had a flooring guy come out today to do an estimate to have our wood floors sanded/refinished. As he was walking me through "the process" he mentioned that for 3 or 4 days we would have to stay off the floors for 8-10 hours while everything sealed. It was about then that I realized that every entrance (short of windows) in or out of our house connects directly to our wood floors. That makes things a little more challenging.

I have two thoughts:
1. I wonder if we could convince our insurance company that they needed to cover a hotel room for us for 4 days while the floors were finished. I could handle hanging out at CoCo Key for 4 days.
2. I wonder if my parents would still be speaking with us if we came to stay with them for 4 days.

Either way, I think we need to wait until the weather warms up before we do it so that regardless of where the kids and I end up we can spend time outside.

1 comment:

Mom23Boys said...

Casa de Kleffman is always open!! 4 days of Christi sounds like heaven to me!

We are probably going to put wood floors in our living room this summer, so we are going to go with the prefinished pieces to avoid the whole varnishing issue. Hard to do that though when the wood is already there!