Friday, February 20, 2009

Everything but the kitchen sink

This morning as I was getting Alyssa out of the car to take her into preschool I caught a glimpse of a white piece of paper in her bucket that I hadn't seen before. My heart sank as I read "Attention Parents ... " and then the note proceeded to instruct us that it was "things that go" week and requesting that each child bring a vehicle-type toy to preschool on Friday (today). Whoops! But then I realized what I was standing next to. My very own "has everything in it but the kitchen sink" backseat bonanza! A little bit of digging around and ta-da ... one toy train!

It seems like almost daily I curse the state of my backseat and its 12 inches of trash, clothes, toys, etc, but today it came in handy.

Reminded me of the time last summer that we met the Kleffmans/Kleffmen at McDonald's to learn that we had to provide socks for our kids to be able to play in the play place. A little digging around in the backseat and presto ... 2 pairs of socks!

No comments: