Thursday, May 15, 2008

Joel climbs and Alyssa's worries

Yesterday Joel realized that he could push the booster seats in the kitchen over to a kitchen chair and use them to climb up on the kitchen chair. And then he realized that he could climb onto the kitchen table from there. As he stood proudly in the middle of the table admiring his accomplishment, Alyssa looked at him and said "Oh Joel, you worry me. You stress me out." I think she's heard her mommy say that to him about 15 million times a day. He's all boy. And I love it.

But hearing those words come out of his mouth made me think of my Grandma Dora who always worried about EVERYTHING. And how my mom tries desperately hard not to worry as much as my grandma did. And how I know I worry as much as my grandma did and my mom tries not to. I guess Alyssa is just doomed to be a worrywart, too. At least she's in good company.

No comments: