Friday, May 30, 2008

Another "mommy moment" to check off my list

My list of things that I feel like I should experience once, and then never again, that is.

This afternoon I experienced the "child takes off diaper during naptime and finger paints/creates artwork with it" horror. Except in my child's case he rubbed it into his eye and then went super-duper high-pitched screaming insane. But same difference.

I *think* this is what went down. I put Joel down for a nap about 1, per usual. It was soo humid and sticky today that I decided to just put him down in a diaper since he hadn't made any attempt to take off his diaper yet. Mistake number 1, never underestimate the diaper taking off ability of a child. And now that I think about it, I think he took off his own diaper at about 4 months. Anyway, he woke up after about 45 minutes (about the time I was wrestling Alyssa into bed for her nap, imagine that) and I let him fuss for a few minutes and he fell back asleep. My theory is that he removed said diaper at this point in naptime. I also hypothesize that he pooped at some point and then rolled around in it enough to get some on his legs and hands. Then woke up and went to rub his eyes and VOILA! poop in the eye. At least it wasn't all over the walls. And there were just a couple spots on his sheet/pillowcase. But I think he did pee while standing up because there was a suspicious looking "arc" on the floor near his crib.

I love having a son ~ he's such an experience.

No comments: