Friday, May 23, 2008

Mixing business with pleasure

I'm really struggling lately with one of my daycare families and its really, really eating away at me. Hence the 3:50 AM blog post because I can't sleep. I feel like the situation is all my fault, but I have to keep reminding myself that it is a two way street. I feel like I crossed the client/friend line, which I wish I could take back. But I also feel like this family has started taking me for granted, which isn't fair to me. And who the hell announces, right in front of their daycare provider, that their child hates going to daycare? I understand that most kids would probably prefer to stay at home with their parents instead of their parents having to work, but the statement could have been worded a lot more "delicately". I know I'm probably being too sensitive about it, too, but it still stinks. Thank goodness I only have 2 more daycare days with this family until they are "off" for the summer. Maybe we just need some time apart. And there's a chance that the mom will start working full time next fall, which I'm definitely not going to sign up for. As my wise old Dad says, "everything will come out in the wash". But in the mean time, I wish I could just let it go and go to sleep!

We're supposed to go to one of the girls' birthday party on Sunday and I'm dreading it. I really don't want to go and I feel like we wouldn't be missed/it would be a relief if we skipped it by the mom, but I don't want to disappoint the birthday girl by her buddy Alyssa not showing up. And it would probably make things worse in the long run if we played hooky. So I guess I'll just grin and bear it.

No comments: