Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm not in small town Iowa anymore

Alyssa and I went to the dentist on Tuesday afternoon. It had been about 4 years since I had last been, so I am proud to announce that we are BOTH members of the "no cavities" club. Of course she got her picture taken for the club wall and all I got was floss. But the toothbrushes ... oh the toothbrushes!

Alyssa was awarded a purple, sparkly, princess toothbrush during her visit. She was in HEAVEN. I got a fairly nice one, too. I was impressed because the toothbrushes I remembered getting from my dentist growing up looked like they got them at the "Everything's a penny" store. Then when I got home I noticed that it had the dentist's name and phone number printed on the handle. Nothing like a little "free" advertising, huh? Adam says that he thinks that his toothbrushes that he got from his dentist always had the name and number on them. I find that really weird.

No comments: