Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What's with the ears?!

We finally, finally, finally seem to have gotten poor Joel's ears cleared up. He was scheduled to have his tubes put in this past Tuesday, but after a follow up visit last week to the ENT his ears were proclaimed clear and Dr. D told me that we could postpone tubes and just keep an eye on him to see how he does. So far, so good (knock on wood!). We got back to the ENT in a few weeks to have his hearing checked and make sure that his ears are still clear.

But now, my poor baby girl is the one with the ouchy ears. She spent the night Monday night and Grandma and Pappa's house and Tuesday morning my mom called with a report of a very restless/sleepless night where Alyssa was complaining of her ear hurting. Last night when I got her home she was running a temp of 102 and still saying that her ears hurt. So I decided I was taking her in today just get her checked out because she's been "off" lately. I was fully expecting to hear that she had an ear infection, but my heart sank when Dr. K told me that both her eardrums were ruptured. He assured me that it wasn't a big deal, but that world RUPTURED sounds so awful! We came home armed with good old amoxicillian and some ear drops, so hopefully she's feeling better really soon as it just breaks my heart seeing her all weepy and miserable and sick. All she wants is love and cuddles and that's hard to do with two kids. Makes me wish that I could hit the pause button on Joel so that I could devote all my attention on her.

No comments: