Monday, February 27, 2006

Random Updates

Its 2:25 AM and I'm wide awake. This has happened the last 3 nights. Friday night I stuck chicken in the crockpot at 1:30 AM and finished reading my US Weekly . . . I wonder how many people can say they've done that in their life. I hope this trend stops soon. Takes me back to my days of insomnia in college when I would do laundry at 4 in the morning because I couldn't sleep. Darn good way to make sure that you get all the washers/dryers you need at once. But I bet the people that lived next to the laundry room hated me.

I have strep throat for the first time in my life. I don't recommend it. Its not a fun game. I have a sinking suspicion that Adam is going to catch it from me. As he said to me today, "you can say sore throat to me and I'll instantly have a sore throat", so I'm hoping that his tingly throat is all in his head. But its also his turn to be sick.

We went to look at houses today and found one that we really loved. Adam is supposed to call our mortgage company tomorrow and talk numbers, then we're going to go look through it again Tuesday night. They were having an open house today (actually yesterday since techincally its Monday), so we had the added pressure of an extra realtor lurking in the corner, so I don't feel like I really got to take a good look at the place. But it had a really good once over! The part the excites me the most right now is that the master bedroom is HUGE. So huge that Brendan Wellington (my elliptical machine) will be able to move in, so thus will end my "do I catch up on my TiVoed stuff or exercise" dilemma. Now I can do both at once! My gut instinct is we'll find out that our monthly payment would be more than we can comfortably afford, so I can't tell if I'm not over the top excited about this because its not really THE house or because I know that its not going to happen in the end. I think its the second option. Which is good because I need to work on my "realist" qualities.

Thursday night I went to a Close to my Heart (scrapbooking) party at the house of someone I had never met. Debbie and I are in the stamp club that Kim started together, but since this was the first month of the club we had never met. I was really proud of myself for going (and going by myself without taking my back ups Julia and/or Angie with me) since normally I'll run as fast as I can away from situations where I have to meet new people on their turf. But I had a good time being out around adults and playing with stamps. Granted, I talked about Alyssa pretty much nonstop all evening, but I'll tell msyelf that's just because Kim has a son that's only a month older than her and we wanted to compare our kids.

Jeez this is turning into a novel . . . unfortunately I'm no more sleepy now than I was when I started it.

No comments: