Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's wrong with this picture?

aka "Overheard at Daycare"

"Joel, that's Will's purse. Please give it back to Will and we'll go find your purse"
*insert Will and Joel both screaming "MINNNEEEEEEEEEEE!" at the same time*
"Where's Joel's purse? That's Will's, buddy, let's go find yours. Where's the pink polka dot purse?"
*Will brings me me Joel's polka dot purse, so I not-so-gently remove the cherry purse from Joel's clutches*
*Joel cries*
"Joel! Look what I'm putting in your purse ... its a barbie! Look, there's a barbie in your purse!"

The tears finally subsided when he discovered the Hannah Montana microphone that had been "lost" on top of the washing machine. "its the best of both worlds!!!!!!"

I'm kind of afraid to take him over to the Kleffmans' house ... he might get beat up.

Now our boy Joel is hoarding all of his toys in a pile and if you even look at him he roars at you. Methinks the terrible twos arrived just on schedule. *sigh*

But he did just offer me some of his cheez-its, so maybe there's still hope for him.

2 comments:

PSUMommy said...

My boys love the colorful "girly" stuff, too. I'm enjoying it now, and their wives will thank me when they know what a clutch is and when it should be used. :)

Christi said...

That's a great way to look at it! It just amused me that the Barbies were right next to his box of cars and I immediately grabbed for the Barbie thinking that that would be what would calm him down the most quickly.