Saturday, February 09, 2008

A Million Bucks

That's how I feel tonight. Like a million bucks. What a great change from the two bucks I normally feel like!

This morning Angie and I went to SupperThyme USA for the first time. We both absolutely loved it. I was surprised at how simple their recipes were. From all the rave reviews I had heard I expected secret recipes and top secret ingredients, but everything was pretty simple. I loved having all the stuff right in front of us; all the bowls and utensils right there, and best of all ... after we made a mess making the stuff ... we just walk away and someone cleans up after us. Its like being a toddler! :P It was so relaxing to not have to run around the kitchen looking for this or that and pulling things out of the fridge and out of the pantry and out of the spice cupboard and then spend hours loading the dishwasher or washing dishes. Tonight we made Chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner and I was really impressed with it. After loading up our meals, Angie and I went to Subway for lunch. It was fantastic getting to spend some one on one time with her because it had been far too long.

Once I got home I was feeling so upbeat and accomplished that I decided to venture into the basement. *insert foreboding music* For several months I had just been tossing stuff down the stairs, the Christmas decorations were still just shoved into piles, party supplies were strewn from one side to the other as I prepped for Joel's birthday, and kids clothes/toys were overtaking at least 1/2. It was a jungle in there. I made SO much progress. You can actually see the floor, things are organized and put away and I even started a good sized garage sale pile for the sale in June. Plus you can actually WALK around down there! Or at least in the area that isn't covered with Adam's tools/gadgets/electronics stuff, etc ... I'll leave that for him. Or for the garbage men. ;)

Now the kids are in bed, Adam is at Eric's for movie night with the guys, so I think I'll go find myself a yummy snack and head to bed to watch some silly, lovey dovey, chick flick.

No comments: