Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back home again

As I spent last weekend checking things off the "Christi does Raleigh" list that Paula and I had made over the years, I started writing a really clever blog entry listing all the "firsts" that I did on my trip. But once I got home and started writing them down, I realized how lame most of them were ... so I'll give you the top 3 firsts (besides meeting Paula's family and seeing her house and meeting Renee and kids and all that junk. ;) )

Last weekend marked the:
First time I've ever flown alone; I think even the first time I've ever traveled alone.
First time I've been to an Ikea. Now I know what all the hub bub is about.
First time I've eaten at chick-fil-a. I definitely have to check out the one that is supposedly tucked away in some secret location downtown here.

Of course the super-duper mega first was that I left Joel overnight. :)

I had a wonderful, perfect trip. Okay, I had some airline drama yesterday getting home, so that wasn't wonderful or perfect, but I did get a little bonus time with Paula and kids, which totally made up for it. Although then my super wonderful brother-in-law had to pick me up at the airport at 11:30 at night and drive me home on sheets of ice and then be back at the hospital for work at 8 AM. But my bonus time with Paula and the kids consisted of playing at the park and walking around the lake in 60 degree weather with the sun shining down on us, so ... yeah, it made up for it. Maybe not for Chris, but it did for me.

I am madly in love with Paula's family and house and I am quickly developing a major crush on North Carolina. I now understand what Adam means when he says he dreams to live somewhere with trees. And it makes me want to rethink our staying the Midwest and not moving East. Its nice to dream.

Overall the trip was the perfect "cure" for my funk. I feel like I'm in such a better place now. Although I could stand to be here with a bit less of the freaking coldness!!!! But spring is on its way ... right?

1 comment:

Mom23Boys said...

IKEA! I love, love, LOVE that place! I am insanely jealous. We used to go all the time when my sis lived in Minneapolis. I would kill to have one here!