Friday, March 09, 2007

Amazing

Yesterday we received a very special package in the mail. Inside was an adorable little dress up outfit for Joel (complete with neck tie ~ ahhhhhhhhhhh!), a very generous gift card, and a fun little "magic" doodle pad for Alyssa. The special thing was that it came from a group of people I've never met in real life. It came from a group of women who I consider more family than friends, who have shared all the ups and downs of my life for the past 4 years and who I don't know what I would do without.

Almost 4 years ago, right after our wedding, I ended up joining eDiets in hopes of hitting my goal weight. While a member I started posting on a message board with a group of women that were initially hoping to lose weight before getting pregnant (or as the case ended up being lose weight after having a baby/preparing to have another baby). We've since left eDiets and moved from to various message boards over the years, but we've stuck together and they are a huge part of my daily life. Heck, they pretty much are my daily life! :)

Alyssa's present had a message on it welcoming her to the big "sibling" club from all the other big brothers/sisters in the group. As I read that, it brought a tear to my eye. Now, it may just be pregnancy hormones, but it made me think about how its not just the women of this group that are so important to me, but its their families, too. Their kids and husbands and pets. That's a pretty powerful thing ~ that through my computer these people could enter my life so completely.

1 comment:

4x4paws said...

Ah heck. I'm all verklempt now, too. And I don't have any pregnancy hormones to blame it on!

You're the best.