Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Let the obsessing begin

I listed some things on ebay this afternoon. (no, Adam, none of it is yours or anything you use or anything you will ever use!) Let's see if I can keep it down to checking ebay only 3 times a day to see if anyone has bidded on or is watching my stuff. Doubtful! I'm such a goon.

Alyssa update ~ she's on the mend! She was sporting a fever of between 100 and 103 all day yesterday, but this morning she was normal. I'm waiting for her to wake up from her nap (starting on hour 3 . . . ) so that I can check her again. I finally broke down and spend big money on an ear thermometer and I'm sooo glad I did. Not only is it fun to play with I don't have to physically restrain Alyssa to keep one under her arm for 5 minutes anymore. Okay, maybe it wasn't 5 minutes, but when you have a toddler that's trying to see what you're doing and doesn't want to keep her arm down, it feels like 5 minutes. And she's too old to have it taken the "UH OH" way ~ as witnessed by both Adam and I Sunday night. Poor thing was pretty much crawling around with a thermometer hanging out of her butt because I couldn't get her to lay still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the "UH OH" way? I think I got a rectal temp taken until I was about 6 years old. Of course, they didn't have fancy thermometers that took temps out of any other oriface other than the mouth, and try getting a 5 year old to keep their mouth shut long enough to get an accurate reading.

Highlandgal said...

Yeah, we struck out with the rectal method when Em was sick two weeks ago. I gave up. Even holding it in the armpit took FOREVER! I may have to break down and buy some other kind of thermometer. Very frustrating!