Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Sweet Alyssa moment

Today while we were at Adam's parents for Christmas, Alyssa came up to me and kept asking where "shell" was. She has a really bad cold, so for the past couple days her voice has been so hoarse that bits and pieces of her words won't come out, which makes it hard to understand what she's saying sometimes. I kept asking her to repeat herself and was racking my brain trying to figure out what present "shell" was or what "shell" was short for. Then I realized that she was talking about her future Aunt Rachelle (as of 3 days ago another daughter-in-law is officially in her way to the family ~ hooray!) who was spending the holiday with her parents. My brother-in-law (her finance) realized about the same time as I did that she was asking for Rachelle and we both looked at each other and got a little teary ... thought it was pretty darn sweet.

1 comment:

Chad said...

Let me know when she starts asking where "Boom" is...