Friday, August 17, 2007

I am ...

either a) the coolest mom in the world or b) the worst mom in the world.

We've had a disappointing afternoon. Flights have been delayed, canceled, rerouted, and turned upside down only to get our visitor from the East stuck in Dallas for the night. We *thought* she was going to make it into town around 10:45 tonight, which totally bummed Alyssa out because I had told her after her nap we would go to the airport to pick up Aunt Paula and see the airplanes. She looked completely crushed when I told her that we weren't going. And then the rest of the afternoon whenever Paula's name was mentioned she started wailing for "plaaaaannneeessss" (aka planes).

After talking to the airline and realizing that she was going to miss her connecting flight here and probably wouldn't be in until tomorrow morning, I resorted to my college comfort food: Taco Bell (okay, it was Taco John's in college, but its in the same family). After putting Alyssa back in bed for about the 4th time, I decided I would just let her stay up. Thus we had a mommy/daughter bonding experience tonight as I initiated her into the world of Mexican fast food comfort by taking her in her jammies at 9:45 to Taco Bell and buying her a taco. In her eyes I'm probably the coolest mom in the world ... but to the rest of the world ... its up for a vote.


On the up side, Alyssa does get to go to the airport to see the plaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnneeeessss (and Aunt Paula) tomorrow.

No comments: