Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The boys are all better

I took Joel in Monday morning to have blood drawn again and his levels dropped from 15-something on Friday to 11.3 on Monday, which Dr. K was THRILLED with. I guess plopping him in the carseat in front of the kitchen window to work on his tan Sunday afternoon worked after all! He also went in for his weight check this morning and is up to 8 lbs 1 oz. So he gained 5 oz in 5 days, which again Dr. K was thrilled with and he's back up to his birth weight, so I can stop worrying (at least a little . . . for now). This morning also marked the first time that I've taken both kids out solo and it went fairly smoothly! I don't know that I'm ready to tackle Target or the mall, but its good to know that I can survive a trip to the doctor's office with both kids in tow.

My dad got home on Sunday and seems in pretty good spirits. I think the whole experience really ran him down, but hopefully getting home and back in his own bed will help. And getting back to breakfast and coffee with "the guys" will help, too, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Geekette said...

Im glad both Joel and your dad are doing well. I'll continue to pray for both. :)